Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Contemplative Puss


Have you read Cormac McCarthy’s The Road? It's an incredible but terrifying story of a man and his son surviving in a post-apocalyptic world. I remember reading it all through the night and into the morning because I was too frightened to go to bed before the end. Last night I watched the trailer for the movie on utube to see if I would be brave enough to go see it (which I've decided I'm not) before sitting down to painting the first of two paintings.

I had just finished the one above, another of Purdy, when all the lights went out in the area and the heat went off. The country has just ground to a halt after an embarrassingly small amount of snowfall and now with the thaw we're getting floods and water shortages both and now black outs! Hardly post apocalyptic but what’s going on? There must be someone I can write an indignant letter to?

SOLD

No comments: