Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In a bit of a Jam!

















Barter Heaven.

Yesterday I bartered some of my homemade rasberry jam for some gessoed boards - this one included. What started off as a bit of a joke on facebook ended up saving me a few euros. Now, I'm not going to brag about my jam (much) but he asked for more, so Happy days! Thanks Kevin and I hope you like the jam!

It got me thinking though, lots of people and in particular artists are turning to bartering as a way of navigating this cheery time we like to call "The Recession". I know of an artist who has bartered a painting for weekends away for the family and I've heard of artists bartering for anything from dental treatment, to website optimisation services. It's really not a bad idea and I guess it it just take a little creative thinking.

So if you happen to have a villa in the south of france.... talk to me.

No comments: